The Rhode Island Chapter of the International Association of Arson Investigators was created to accomplish the following goals:
- To unite for mutual benefit, those public officials or private concerns engaged in the control of arson and other kindred crimes;
- To provide for an exchange of technical information and developments;
- To encourage cooperation between public service agencies and private associations to further the suppression of arson;
- To encourage high professional standards of conduct among arson investigators and to continually strive to eliminate all factors which interfere with the administration of crime suppression;
- And to foster greater professional competence in the investigation techniques and recognition of the crime of arson.